Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Beginning of the Adventures

I was well aware of my love for my hubby and how much I enjoyed having him around, but being apart for so long, and now officially having joined him in our new home, has amplified my perception of just how happy he makes me. Now that I'm here...I feel right...I feel good. Not to mention the fact that I have been able to relax for the past few days and begin my adventures around CT.

One thing that I have quickly grown to love about CT is the abundance of parks. Adam and I did a brief exploration of this sweet part (Waveny Park) last time I was here for a visit, and that is where I naturally gravitated toward on my first two full days that I was here. This park sits on a huge piece of land that is encompassed by beautiful winding trails; it is a jogger's dream. Now as you may know, I haven't been much of a "jogger" over the past year, but I feel like I could run forever out here (though today my shins are telling a different story). Jaida and I were actually temporarily lost because we were feeling exploratory and were taking every little turn that looked like it would lead to a new stream or trail. But don't worry, I knew if we stayed on the trail and headed in the right direction, we would eventually make it out...and we did. Luckily I was in no hurry and was enjoying every minute of running in the cool air that smelled of fresh honeysuckle.

After we made it out of the canopy of trees, we made a quick stop by the dog park (another asset of Waveny that made me return). I have now been to this park at three different times of the day, and never does it fail to have a group of people there with their dogs. I like that. However, we didn't spend too long there, as Jaida was a little worn out from the jog.
Not a bad start to the day.

No comments: