Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What I want to be when I grow up....

Yeah I'm 30, shut up. I can still dream right?? These are things I write down in my journal (the one that has a unicorn on the cover....well not a unicorn...a horse with a sword coming out his head...that guards my hopes and dreams). I want to be Guy Fieri. If you're not sure who I'm talking about, then you're probably a man who doesn't watch food network. Fine, I watch Food Network...what of it?? Guy Fieri hosts a show called "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives"...and this is my dream job.



First...a disclaimer. The way Guy bleaches his hair and wears his sunglasses on the back of his head and has 6 different rings on at one time typcially is a deal breaker for me. There is a term I would use for such an individual normally that I will not post on this blog because my wife does not approve of the aforementioned term. But dang it....he's likeable anyways.



Back to "triple D" as it is normally referenced. Have you ever wanted to go back into the kitchen of your favorite restaurant? Have the chef prepare a few special items just for you? This is the job. Travel all over the country to some of the best down home cookin' spots...meet the owners...watch the chef's make their specialities...and then eat them. Oh yeah and get paid for it. What the what???!!!?? This is a job???? Where was my high school counselor on this one? Where was the box on the personality test labeled "likes to get paid to eat good food on TV"? I would checked the crap out of that box. But I get to sit in front of a computer screen all day. Awesome.



I tried to think of the sports equivilant to this job. (Trying to redeem myself as a man now that I've admitted my love for Food Network). This is like getting paid to travel to the best college basketball schools and NBA teams in the U.S.; meeting the coaches and players, getting to play a few pick up games and run some of the plays out of their playbook, and taking home a jersey from each. Sign me up. I'm ready.

No comments: